I am feeling not so sure about the arrangement of these squares. Just can't get it quite right.
On the other hand, I sewed all of them on Saturday and Sunday, from cutting the background fabric to piecing each little pinwheel bit. All that's left is to arrange them better and sew 'em up into a quilt top. I'm thinking it will be a better baby blanket than anything else, so I'll use some baby-safe batting and back it in flannel. The points are by no means perfect, but I'm not feeling particularly bad about that. This is an itty bitty quilt to sustain my heart, not to show off my (completely nonexistent) quilting prowess.
Any thoughts?



3 comments:
I think it looks good! It reminds me of some of the hand-made quilts that we used to have from my great-grandma....until our dog chewed them up....
My advice: Don't get a dog...
I'll keep that in mind... no canines.
I realized after seeing Io again that my house is NOT cat friendly. Wow. The knitting and sewing stuff alone would be a cat hazard!
Guess it's good I live alone, huh.
The only thing I'd change about the layout is the red block at the top of the photo. Move that into the center of the quilt - not the exact center, just not off on an edge. You want to draw the eye into the quilt, not away from it. Other than that, it's gorgeous! Nice job!
Post a Comment