My blog has moved from Blogger to Wordpress!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://mikaiya.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 19, 2007

A great deal of thanksgiving

I have much to be thankful for. I am healthy, happy, and I can afford my rent. I have a caring family, wonderful friends, and endless optimism for the future.

I have enough of what I need, and more than enough of what I want. I have hobbies that keep my brain and hands busy. I have an apartment that looks out into nature, and I live only minutes from a vibrant city. I see wonderful theatre frequently, and come home to a warm home and a kind roommate. My library card has been worn in this year, and with Netflix I have finally seen some of those fine films I've always meant to see.

I have yarn and fabric, needles and patterns- the supplies for my crafting. I have endless hours to knit, and the calm that it brings me. I have love and laughter and luck, and renewed confidence in myself and my abilities.

Hopefully I will come back from my Thanksgiving break with warm memories and a few finished crafts. With more than 20 hours driving time and two family visits ahead of me, I can't imagine otherwise.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: